Planning & Zoning Commission
The Commission shall have and possess the following powers*, and such other powers as may be incidental to the successful carrying out of the powers vested in it herein or such as may be expressly conferred upon it by law:
1. To make such surveys, studies, maps, plans or plats of the whole or any portion of the city and of any land outside thereof, which in the opinion of such Commission bears relation to a comprehensive plan, and shall submit such plan to the council with its studies and recommendation and it may publish the same.
2. To prepare a comprehensive zoning ordinance regarding the height, number of stories and size of buildings and other structures; the percentage of ground that may be occupied; the size of yards, courts, and other open spaces; the density of population; and the location and use of buildings, structures, and land for trade, industry, residence, or other purposes and to this end shall prepare a preliminary report and hold public meetings thereon and after such hearings have been held, to submit its final report and recommendations to the City Council.
3. To recommend to the City Council, from time to time, as conditions require amendments, supplements, changes or modifications in the comprehensive zoning ordinance prepared by it.
4. To study future conditions.
5. To survey street and traffic problems.
6. To survey and study new subdivision.
* Such powers are granted to the Board per the Winterset Municipal Code Section 4.903
Meetings are held the last Tuesday of each month at 3:30 PM at City Hall
Each Board Member shall serve a term of four (4) years. The commission consists of seven (7) persons with at least five (5) of whom reside within the corporate city limits and two (2) of whom may reside within two (2) miles of the corporate city limits.
|Name||Term Ending Date|