Waste Management of Iowa offers the "Single Stream" recycling program, where all recyclable materials are placed in one single recycling cart which is picked up every other week. Residents are encouraged to recycle various materials, such as newspapers, magazines, junk mail, telephone books, cardboard, tin, and aluminum cans, plastic bottles, plastic margarine, and yogurt tubs, and glass jars and bottles.
To begin waste collection service, report missed pickup, large item pickup, or tote replacement contact City Hall at 515-462-1422.
Yard waste collection
- Begins in April and runs through November.
- Areas of town West of John Wayne Drive and North of Summit Street, on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month
- Areas of town East of John Wayne Drive and South of Summit Street, on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month
- Yard waste needs to be put in a biodegradable yard waste bag or in an old garbage can
- Tree limbs should be cut into 5 foot lengths and must be tied into bundles that weigh no more than 50 pounds
- Do not use black garbage bags or regular garbage cart or recycle cart
The calendar linked below shows the schedule for recycling collection and yard waste pickup. Recycling collection is on the same day as garbage collection but is done every other week.
View the Printable Garbage and Yard Waste Pickup Calendar (PDF).
- Recycling pickup is highlighted in green and is every other week.
- Yard waste pickup is highlighted in yellow.
- Delayed Service is highlighted in red.