Street Department Equipment Operator
The City of Winterset is seeking an experienced, professional, and responsible Street Department Equipment Operator shall perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance work and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair maintenance, and replacement of city streets, alleys and or drainage right away. Perform light to heavy manual labor and operate heavy equipment for the maintenance and repair of city roadways, right of way, alleyways, signage, and storm drainage system. This employee should have a strong mechanical aptitude and the ability and willingness to learn quickly. The ideal candidate will be:
- A positive member of a team willing to conduct tasks and responsibilities in collaboration or independently.
- An experienced professional increasing the abilities of the services and abilities of the current team.
- An efficient worker with excellent time management skills.
- Able to balance competing priorities with confidence and accuracy.
- Experience or education relating to Public Works is required.
Winterset is a growing community 30 minutes southwest of the Des Moines Metro. This community boasts a rural hometown feel with modern amenities, including a robust school system, thriving local businesses, fantastic parks and a growing population (5,353 pop, 2020).
All candidates shall submit a cover letter and resume by May 29th, 2023, either digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to City of Winterset, Attn: Ryan Flaherty, 124 W Court, Winterset, Iowa 50273.